MDF 2440mm X 1220mm (8x4)
Moisture resistant MDF 12mm is a sheet material that is widely applied in the joinery industry.
This sheet is ideal for uses like bathrooms and kitchen, where moisture can fluctuate significantly. It can easily be shaped using machine tools or hand to bring out a painted and beautifully decorated surface. Since direct contact with moisture can cause it to swell, it is mostly internally used. Moisture resistant MDF board also comes in handy in the following applications:
- Making furniture (both kitchen and bathroom) – M/R MDF is preferred sheet material for use in humid interior settings.
- General joinery – this sheet can easily be glued and screwed to make shop fittings, bar fitting and skirting boards.
Benefits and Key Features of Moisture Resistant MDF
- Moisture resistant MDF sheet can easily be glued, screwed and painted to make different furniture.
- It can be cut in all directions since it lacks knots and grains. This ensures that its original strength is maintained.
- Environmentally friendly – it is made from wood fibres that are from sawdust, environmentally friendly thinning and recycled woods.
Moisture Resistant MDF Sheet Specifications
Depth: 6mm, 9mm, 12mm, 15mm, 18mm, 25mm,
M2: 2.976M2 to a board
Moisture Resistant: Yes
Finish: Natural / Light green
Surface texture: Smooth